FRIENDS OF WATCHHOUSE HILL CONSTITUTION
The Association shall be known as the Friends of Watchhouse Hill hereafter referred to as the Friends Group or the Association.
The objectives of the Friends Group shall be:
- To promote access to and positive management of Watchhouse Hill and its amenities and environment.
- To promote and maintain the site as per the Management Plan originally drawn up by Watchhouse Hill Improvement Group and agreed with North Somerset County Council
- To encourage provision for facilities for recreation and amenity and to encourage a community spirit;
- For the furtherance of these objects to represent the interests of Watchhouse Hill users in consultation with North Somerset County Council and other bodies;
- To provide a single point of liaison with North Somerset in order to communicate Watchhouse Hill related queries and information; and
- To promote equal opportunities by being positively committed to opposing all direct and indirect discrimination in all its activities and services.
The Association shall have the power to affiliate to any body whose objects may be of benefit to its membership.
Monies raised by or on behalf of the Association shall only be applied in furtherance of the objects of the Association.
Membership shall be open to all residents of the Parish of Easton-in-Gordano.
4. CONDUCT OF BUSINESS
The business of the Association shall be conducted by a Committee elected at the Annual General Meeting, which shall consist of a:
- General Secretary.
- Up to an additional 8 committee members
The election or removal of Officers or members may only be carried out by a General Meeting of the Association.
The Committee may temporarily fill any vacancy arising among the officers of the Association from its other members until the next General Meeting of members.
5. COMMITTEE MEETINGS
The Committee shall meet as necessary and not less than quarterly in each year.
Committee meetings shall be open to any member of the Association wishing to attend who may speak but not vote.
6. VOTING PROCEDURE
The decisions of General Meetings of the Association shall be binding on the Friends Group. All decisions shall be taken by a simple majority of members present and voting. The Chairperson will have a casting vote. All members shall be given not less than fourteen days’ notice of any General Meeting.
7. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS
The Committee shall call an Annual General Meeting of the Association each year in the month of June Not less than 28 days notice of the Annual General Meeting shall be given to all members.
At this meeting:
- The Committee shall present an annual report of the Association;
- The Committee shall present the accounts of the Association for the previous year;
- The Committee and Officers for the next year shall be elected; and
- Any proposals submitted to the Secretary in writing not less than seven days in advance of the meeting shall be discussed.
8. SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING
The Secretary shall call a Special General Meeting at the request of a majority of the Committee, or on receipt of a written petition by not less than 20% of members of the Association giving reasons for their request. The Secretary shall give not less than seven days’ notice of the holding of a Special General Meeting, which shall take place within 21 days of the receipt of the request or petition.
The quorum for Committee Meetings of the Association shall be four members.
10. NOTICE OF MEETINGS
Notice of all meetings shall be emailed where possible and notice of General Meetings shall be posted on Parish notice boards and shall include the date, time and place of the meeting and an Agenda of matters to be discussed.
11. SUB GROUPS
The Committee may appoint such Sub Groups as may be required to carry out the activities of the Association.
12. ALTERATIONS TO THE CONSTITUTION
Any proposal to alter this Constitution must be submitted to the Secretary of the Association not less than 28 days before the meeting at which it is to be discussed. Not less than 14 days notice shall be given of such a meeting, together with the wording of the proposed alteration(s). Any alteration shall require the approval of two-thirds of those present and voting at the meeting.
If the Committee, or if a Committee no longer exists, any ten members of the Association, shall decide that the Association should be dissolved, they shall give at least 14 days notice to all those eligible for membership of a meeting at which the matter shall be discussed. For the sole purpose of dissolution a quorum need not apply, and the Association may be dissolved by a two-thirds majority of those present. The assets, financial and otherwise, remaining when the Association has satisfied its liabilities, shall be applied for such purposes of benefit, as the meeting shall decide.
Name: ………………………………………………………..…………… CHAIR Date ……………………